The smile you share with the world is a reflection of your personality. If you feel uncomfortable with your teeth, you may avoid doing some things. There is a variety of methods that can improve your smile if you think it's unattractive. Knowing some of the cosmetic dental procedures that are available to you may motivate you to make an appointment.
One of the most common cosmetic procedures completed for an improved smile consists of veneers. These are porcelain laminates that are placed on the natural tooth and will provide a perfect smile. The average thickness of the veneers is .5 millimeters.
Listed below are other advantages of veneers:
1. Veneers are durable and may last ten years or longer in some cases.
2. This procedure adds a protective layer to your existing teeth.
3. You may have more self-confidence because of fixing or replacing damaged teeth.
The average cost for veneers is $500-1,100 per tooth.
If you have a tooth that has extensive decay and needs to be restored, getting a dental crown may be your best option.
This process can be completed within two visits to the dentist and listed below are the steps involved:
1. The dentist will remove all of the decay from the tooth.
2. There will be an impression made of the tooth and sent to the dental lab.
3. Once the crown is ready, you will be called back into the dentist to have it cemented onto the tooth.
Crowns are durable and may last 15 years and in some cases longer. You can expect to pay $500-$1,500 for this dental procedure, depending on the precise location where you have it done.
If you have missing teeth, you may want to consider getting a bridge to replace the teeth that are missing. The process for doing this will involve getting crowns made and creating the bridge.
The cost of the bridge is based on the number of crowns that you will need in order to replace the teeth that you don't have anymore for whatever reason.
Finally, if you want to improve your teeth, it is possible by selecting one of the procedures listed above and learning if you are an ideal candidate for having it completed. Be sure to schedule your appointment with a cosmetic dentistry specialist to learn the most effective way to help you get the smile you deserve.